International youth festival of arts (IYFA) “Muzite” (The Muses)
5-15 July, Sozopol, Bulgaria
About the Festival:
The International youth festival of arts (IYFA) “Muzite” (in English “The Muses”) a multi-genre youth festival and contest of different forms of arts: dance, music, theater, fine & applied arts and crafts, non-standard forms, fiction and film. The festival hosted close to 2,000 participants from 25th countries and is one of the biggest youth events in Eastern Europe. The Muses festival is organized by the Association “Muzite” in a partnership with the Municipality of Sozopol and it is held annually from 5th to 15th July in the town of Sozopol, Bulgaria.
Sessions and arts:
There are two main sessions:
– 1st Session: 5th to 10th of July. Arts included in the first session: Dance , Non-standard art forms (including but not limited to fire shows, circus arts, martial arts, fashion and more…) and Fiction literature
– 2nd Session from 10th to 15th July. Arts included in the second : Music, Fine & Applied arts, Photography”, Theatre and Film.
Who is invited to participate:
- Ensembles and soloists from the art schools, academies, schools, studios, cultural centers , children and youth from 5 to 35 years in a competitive and non-competitive program.
- Adults over 35 years old are invited to participate as special guests.
- There is no limit to the number of performing ensembles and the number of participants in each formation
- All participants can participate in the competitions and in the non-competitive program of the festival.
- Audience input is free!
Arrival and departure:
- Arrival to Sozopol for the first session – 05th July; departure – 10th July.
- Arrival to Sozopol for the second session – 10th July, departure – 15th July.
|Participants may join the two sessions. Any stay before or after the festival period must be approved by the festival organizers. Prices for the extended period of stay are subject to negatiation with the festival.|
- Fill in the application form using the Online Registration Form or download the Microsoft Office Word form (*.doc file), fill in the required information and send the file to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. For new participants, the request should be accompanied by links to published photos, audio and video materials for the purpose of pre-selection.
- To confirm your participation, you will receive an email from the organizers.
- Group leaders are required to download, sign and return to the organisers the declaration of copyright and coverage of a production presented at ”International Youth Festival of the Arts “Muzite” (“The Muses”)Declaration (in WORD format) can be downloaded from here:DECLARATION of copyright and coverage of a production presented at Muzite
Participation is guaranteed only after the advance payment of the participation fee and a deposit for tourist services.
Participants in the festival perform in the relevant age group as follows:
- Firs age group: From 5 to 12 years old.
- Second age group: From 13 to 18 years old.
- Third age group: From 19 to 35 years old.
- Fourth age group: From 35 years old.
Each collective of each age group is allowed to have 30% of participants from the older or younger age group.
Schedules, rehearsals and performances rules:
- The competition program will be scheduled by the organizers on the basis of the applications received.
- The order of performances in the competition is determined by the organizers committee in advance.
- The order of the performances in the competition depends on the age of the participants (from junior to senior age groups) and the art form
- The programme is announced during the rehearsals for the respective day.
- Each soloist has up to 1 minute for technical rehearsal, the groups have up to 3 minutes and the ensembles (over 30 people) have up to 5 minutes.
- The rehearsal includes a quick sound & light check.
- Rehearsal order follows the order of the program and Changes to the program are not allowed no changes are allowed.
- Each team and individual artist participates with a different program. Same performance is not allowed in two programs.
- Each team and soloist participate with two performances in the competition and with one performance in the closing session concert (laureates only), which are previously indicated in the application form.
- Participants participate in parades, field trips, workshops and other events
Soundtracks and background music:
During the rehearsals, the participants are obliged to present to the sound technical team files with the music on a magnetic medium (USB flash drive). Allowed audio formats: MP3 or WAV. There should be no other files recorded on the USB flash drive.
The audio files MUST be named as follows:
Name of the participant_Name of The Track_Duration.MP3
Name of the participant_Name of The Track_Duration.WAV
- The texts for the printing of the diplomas, certificates and letters of appreciation are prepared in advance in accordance with the information provided in the application form. In the event of spelling errors in the information provided to them, the organizers are not responsible for the errors that may occur.
- Organizational and technical meetings with the writer, director, concert leaders, technical team (sound, lighting and special effects), managers of teams and individual participants are held each day.
- Managers of the festival recommend that creative formations and soloists learn the text, music and choreography of the anthem of The Muses Festival and carry the national flag of their country.
- The group leaders are fully responsible for their teams, costumes and belongings.
- The team leaders alone determine the concert program.
IMPORTANT: For their participation in the Festival the ensembles and the individual participants should have prepared the following types of programs:
– participation in the competition program: two performances for participation in the contest with a duration stipulated in the Status quo of the festival;
– marches and processions along the main streets of the town of Sozopol – groups carry the national flag of their country and the flag of the team (if any) procession fragments up to 3 minutes.
– Solemn Gala Concert at the Closing program of the Festival up to 5 minutes for collectives and 3 minutes for chamber and solo performers; In the concerts for the closing of each session are involved only the winners of the Grand Prix and the Laureateс of I award, with one performance on the stage.
– Sending audio, pictures or video material you warrant that you are the owner of the copyright holders.
|Attention: Performances that include offensive or none-respectful language or gesture will not be tolerated. Violence and or offence of any kind is strictly projibited!|
All tourism services of the festival are provided by an authorized tour operator and travel agent.
We will be happy to see you at the Muses Festival
- Meet us: https://muzite.org/en/
- Like us: TheMusesFestival
- Write to us: email@example.com